If you took a peek into my office on any given day, you’d see a giant bookcase of color coordinated cookbooks that’s growing by the minute. Cookbooks are one of my favorite items to collect and with SO many epic books coming out this fall, I thought I’d round up some of my favorite!
1. Homemade Decadence – Joy the Baker is not only one of my favorite people in the world… but she’s also my go-to source for all things baking. She’s the only person I’d feel comfortable enough sending a text message to with a complete baking failure pic and asking what the f*&k I did wrong. Her second cookbook hits shelves next week and I can tell you from everything I sampled while she was recipe testing that it’s going to be insane.
2. Tacolicious – I mean, if you’ve been in San Francisco, you’ve probably been to Tacolicious. It’s a must visit for me whenever I’m back in my old stomping grounds and the fact that they recently published this book is pretty much rocking my world. If for some reason you start seeing nothing but tacos here on What’s Gaby Cooking, you’ll know why 🙂
3. The Kitchn – Two of my favorite ladies behind one of my favorite websites The Kitchn have published this gorgeous book that is packed to the BRIM with everything you need to know. It loads you up with cooking how-to’s and there’s a Peanut Butter Caramel Icebox Cake, so really, what more could you need?
4. Huckleberry – Huckleberry is not only one of my favorite restaurants in LA but they also just came out with an epic cookbook that I literally want to live in. It doesn’t hurt that my bff photographed the entire book and each photo is literally going to make your mouth water. The brioche on the cover is pretty much the most amazing thing I’ve ever tasted and the Spaghetti Squash is probably the most delicious you’ll ever have in your ENTIRE LIFE!!
5. Ceviche – While my obsession with ceviche might not be totally apparent on this website, if you’ve met me in real life you know it’s an addiction. I think it’s also pretty obvious that I’m obsessed with all things South America at the moment and Peru HAS to be my next trip. The food there is out of this world and while I plan my getaway to the actual country, this cookbook is keeping me satisfied in my kitchen. Can someone just make me ceviche for lunch daily? That needs to happen. KTHANKSBYE
6. Plenty More – I’ve been in love with everything to come out of the Ottolenghi kitchen for years now. His past books are staples in my life and this one is going to the front of the line and I plan on making every single thing in it once my copy arrives. The What’s Gaby Cooking kitchen is about to have a major vegetarian moment. Don’t tell my husband it’s coming.
7. Obica – I mean, a cookbook dedicated to mozzarella and simply prepared Italian recipes has got my name written ALL OVER IT. There’s balls of fresh mozzarella on the cover… what more do you need to know!? Also, can we all take a group trip to Italy? Let’s make that happen.
8. Top with Cinnamon – Izy Hossack is the personality, photographer and genius behind one of my favorite blogs Top with Cinnamon and her first cookbook is seriously gorgeous. Plus there’s a recipe for Boozy Mocha Coconut Layer Cake and that is just screaming to be made immediately. You might as well order 2 copies, one for the kitchen and one for the coffee table because it’s just that pretty.
9. Bar Tartine – While this one doesn’t come out until next month, it’s another one on my amazon pre-order list because like Tacolicious, it’s another must visit San Francisco eatery that can do no wrong!!
10. Thug Kitchen – any cookbook with a subtitle of Eat Like You Give a F*ck is basically the most amazing thing in the world and that’s just about everything you need to know.
There are about 8 more cookbooks yet to be opened sitting in my office… so you can absolutely expect another round-up of epic cookbooks coming soon!
fyi – this post contains affiliate links 🙂
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!