I think by now we all know that I’m all about a great party. Gathering my friends together is quite possibly my favorite activity and it always has to involve great food. These Five Layer Mediterranean Dip cups are an easy way to get appetizers out to your party without having to do much prep work!
To celebrate June Dairy Month, I headed down the dairy aisle of the market to find some snack-inspiration. The dairy section allows me to take a few shortcuts to create easy snacks or appetizers as it includes convenient grab-and-go items – grab some refrigerated hummus, tzatziki, and your favorite feta cheese and you’re halfway to the finish line.
You’ll need a few other ingredients like cucumbers, tomatoes and green onions and that’s it! (I’m all about easy entertaining!)
Everything gets layered together in a cute cup and then you can refrigerate until ready to serve. Which, by the way, makes these even more wonderful because you can prep them ahead of time and then whip them out when your guests start to arrive! Plus, they are the perfect healthy snack for a hot summer day.
- 3 tablespoons Athenos Hummus
- 3 tablespoons store bought tzatziki sauce
- ¼ cup chopped cucumbers
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quarters
- 1 tablespoons Athenos Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In an individual serving cup, layer the hummus on the bottom. Followed by the tzatziki, making sure to smooth out each layer as you create it.
- Add the chopped cucumbers on top of the tzatziki, followed by the tomatoes and then the feta cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with the sliced green onions and serve alongside crudité or pita chips.
In the meantime, here are some top tips to bump your cooking to another level.
1. What makes cheese dip even better? Whipping it with cream cheese to make the easiest appetizer/snack. This turns out amazing with feta and goat cheese!
2. Add some sizzle to a burger and take the toppings to the next level with a fried egg or pickled onions and sour cream.
3. Put a twist on your favorite smoothie with different flavored milk alternatives: almond milk, coconut milk or vanilla soy milk.
4. For a breakfast hash with some heat mix together refrigerated hash browns with a spicy southwestern sauce.
This post is brought to you in collaboration with EasyHomeMeals.com All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!