This Almond Coconut Granola is crazy delicious! I promise it’s going to become a staple in your house!
Today is a big day. A super huge big day. I can’t even wait until tonight. But first – Breaking Bad last night. OMG. I can’t even deal with it. The fact that the entire season wraps next Sunday makes me want to cry. Let’s not even get into that.
But tonight, tonight is the first night of all the big premiers! And I’m thrilled to say the least. Thomas asked me if I wanted to go out for dinner tonight and I looked at him like he is clinically insane. Doesn’t he know? It’s almost as exciting as Christmas morning when I get to walk downstairs and Santa (aka my parents) has dumped a bunch of presents under the tree. Yipee! I’m most excited to see The Blacklist and Hostages. Are you guys going to watch? I’m nervous to even admit what other shows I’ll be watching this season in fear that you’ll judge how much TV I try to pack into a given evening 🙂 But we’re all friends here…. so here goes…. The Blacklist, Hostages, Real Housewives of Miami, Sons of Anarchy, Nashville, Modern Family, Grey’s Anatomy (yes I realize I’m probably the only person on the planet still watching this), Glee, Homeland, Revenge, Real Housewives of New Jersey and Scandal.
What are you guys watching? Tell me I’m not alone in my crazy endeavors to try and watch all that TV.
Okay. Now that we’ve got that out of the way… let’s talk about this Almond Coconut Granola! Since my newfound obsession with coconut greek yogurt, we’ve both been having some every morning. The other day Thomas asked if I’d whip up some granola so we can start adding it on top to jazz things up a bit. Being the awesome wife I am, I happily obliged. My older go-to granola recipe has quite a bit of butter in it, and since we’ve been keeping things healthy over here, I opted to use coconut oil, a touch of honey, maple syrup and a bunch of heart healthy almonds! The result was delicious! Almond Coconut Granola is here to stay. And it goes really well with our bowls of coconut yogurt each morning!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup slivered raw almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 5 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, whole almonds, slivered almonds, salt, cinnamon and cardamom and stir to combine.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the maple syrup, coconut oil, and honey until the coconut oil is melted. Remove the pan from the the heat and add the vanilla. Pour the liquid over the oat and almond mixture and toss to combine.
- Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet and pour the granola mixture on top of the parchment.
- Bake the granola for 30 minutes. Remove the baking sheet after 30 minutes and toss the granola. Place the baking sheet back into the oven for another 10 minutes to finish baking. Once the granola is done, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the granola cool and add the dried fruits. Once cool, break the granola into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Serve as needed.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!