It’s that time of year. The time of year when everything basically gets put on a back burner starting at 8pm each night because… wait for it… ALL MY TV SHOWS ARE COMING BACK.
Holy moly. People. I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am. I’ve added even more to my roster this year. God help my poor husband. We are surely going to need to get another TV. Are you ready for this…. here is goes…
The regular rotation: Flipping Out. Gossip Girl. Glee. Real Housewives of Miami, New Jersey, and Beverly Hills. Private Practice. Modern Family. Law and Order SVU. Greys. Scandal. Keeping up with the Kardashians. Dexter. Homeland. Shameless.
I’ve also just started Sons of Anarchy – so I’m starting at season 1 for that. I just finished Breaking Bad – another good option to consider.
Also – I plan on considering: Mob Doctor and 666 Park Avenue.
Did I miss anything? What’s on your radar this fall?
To say that I’m excited is an understatement. I just love my TV shows. Is that like super pathetic of me? Especially all of my BravoTV shows. Because someday I’m going to be a part of the BravoTV family… and hello… I need to know everyone on it 🙂 Right? Bravo Andy and I are going to be BFF’s.
Okay. So now that we’ve got that out of the way. Let’s talk about breakfast. Remember way back when, when I got married and went on my honeymoon? (ahem…3 weeks ago!) So every day on our honeymoon there was a magical knock on the door at 4:00pm on the dot. It was freshly made guacamole with chips and pico. Basically it was my version of heaven. So when we got home from vacation, and I went 2 days without my guacamole/avocado fix, I decided I needed more avocados in my life. And they needed to be in my life in the morning. It’s the right way to start the day.
Rather than whipping up the usual avocado toast, I jazzed things up a bit with an avocado slathered pita topped with a fried egg. Ummmm heck yes.
Make this. It will change your life. It’s the perfect breakfast in my opinion. And while we are at it… I vote for fried eggs to be added to just about everything. They rock.
- 1 piece whole wheat pita bread
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 organic egg
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Toast the pita bread in a toaster oven for 3-4 minutes until just crisp. Remove from the toaster oven and set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and transfer the avocado flesh to medium bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado until it’s half chunky and half smooth. Add the lemon juice and mix to combine and set aside.
- Place the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and cook until the butter is melted.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl, making sure to be gentle and leave the yolk in one piece.
- Slide the cracked egg into the hot skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cook the egg until the egg whites are fully cooked and the yolk is slightly cooked, but still running. You just want the yolk to thicken a touch. Turn the heat off and sprinkle the egg with salt and pepper.
- Place the pita onto a plate. Slather the avocado mixture on top of the pita and then carefully transfer the egg on top of the avocado.
- Serve immediately
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!