It’s been waaaaay too long since I’ve given you guys a new avocado recipe. And I think it’s about time that we fix that. I mean, last weeks salad didn’t count because the avocado wasn’t the star. I mean it had a supporting role, but we need avocados front and center. Stat.
So today, let’s make some avocado crema. And then let’s go ahead and do it again tomorrow. And maybe the next day too. Because you’re gonna want to start putting it on everything. Well, maybe not dessert, but just about everything else.
But, let’s first talk about Mexican food. Here’s the deal, and you tell me if I’m crazy, I could seriously eat Mexican food every single day for the rest of my life. I don’t need anything else. I literally could have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and you’ll never hear me complain. When people ask me to go out for a meal, my first suggestion is to always go somewhere with a Mexican food flare. Does that make me weird? Like, is it wrong to want to have quesadillas, burritos and tacos for the rest of my life? Tell me this is normal. Because I’m not sure if I can live any other way 🙂
Especially now that I’ve got some avocado crema sitting in my fridge to be applied on just about everything I consume.
So you should take 4.234 minutes out of your day and make this. It’s going to become a staple when you have a quesadilla or a burrito, or a taco, or some carne asada, or some carnitas, or some spanish rice, or just some kick ass refried beans. Or you can be cool like me, and just eat it straight out of the jar and spoon it onto a chip or two.
Don’t judge me 🙂
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place it into a food processor.
- Add the sour cream, snipped chives and lime juice to the food processor and blend for 60 seconds until smooth. Add the water to thin out the crema and then remove it from the food processor using a spatula.
- Taste and season with salt as needed.
- Serve with tacos, nachos, or whatever else you see fit!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!