Well, how did we do? Did we get everything we wanted yesterday? Was Santa good to you? Did you have an amazing day with your fams? I was up bright and early like a 7 year old screaming SANTA throughout my house waiting for my sister to get her butt out of bed so we could open presents. I might be 26 years old and married, but I will forever act like a kid on Christmas. I mean it’s basically the most exciting day ever. I got lots of fun goodies, including the sassiest bright red spin shoes ever. They are obnoxiously bright and I’m obsessed. Plus I managed to pull off the surprise gift of the century and got Thomas and iPad. I don’t think I’ve been able to pull off a surprise like that for years. Yay for me.
So how are we feeling today? Anyone else slightly hungover? Do you know what cures a hangover and get’s you right back into the swing of things for the rest of this week off…. CARBS AND CHEESE AND BACON! Otherwise known as PIZZA!! heck yes you guys.
Bacon and Brussel Sprout Pizza to be exact. It’s decadent. And packed with pepperjack cheese which is just spicy enough to kick your hangover to the curb. Throw on some Brussel Sprouts leaves and some bacon and it’s basically a recipe for success.
I’m telling you, this will get your right back into fighting mode so you can finish off the rest of your holiday break with a bang. We’re heading off to the slopes for a bit of skiing so it’s 100% mandatory at the Dalkin household. This and a big bowl of leftover apple crisp with vanilla bean ice cream. Oh goodness, I’m going to need a cleanse come January 1st. Whatever, we’ll deal with that later. For now let eat Bacon and Brussels Sprout Pizza.
- 1 package store bought crust
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 10 brussels sprouts, leave cut off
- 4 slices cooked bacon, broken into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, roll out the prepared pizza dough. Slather on the olive oil, minced garlic, pepper jack cheese, and brussels sprouts leaves.
- Place the pizza into the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble and the crust is fully cooked. Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper and top with the bacon bits. Let cool for a hot second or two and serve.