Have we talked about the bacon burgers yet?
Are you ready for your head to explode? Like literally. This might change your life.
50% beef. 50% bacon. Ground up into a sexy pile of meat and then turned into the most life altering burgers you will ever stuff in your face.
These are exactly what I made for 4th of July on Wednesday. FOR 50 PEOPLE. Yes. 50 people. By myself. Minus the fact that I almost blew off my eyebrows on the grill, it was the perfect day. Beach house in Malibu – check. Lots of fun friends – check. 10 pounds of guacamole – check. Bacon Burgers – double check.
These burgers need to happen all the time.
They are equal parts smoky and awesome. Pair it with some awesome burger toppings and a toasted bun and you’ve got the tastiest burger in the history of burgers.
Now here’s the deal, I get my 50/50 bacon burger mix from the master minds over at Lindy and Grundy in Los Angeles, but my guess is that if you’re friends with a butcher in your town, they would do the same thing for you. And if you don’t have a friend in the butcher business, well, make a butcher these chocolate chip cookies and then ask them. I can almost pinkie promise you that they are gonna love you forever. I mean, would I lie to you guys? Heck no. Love ya forever 🙂
So this is what I promise. Grab from 50/50 bacon burger mix this weekend. Throw on the grill. Pour yourself an ice cold beverage, preferably this Strawberry Basil Lemonade. Make yourself a few to-do lists, because it’s the right thing to do. And have yourself a perfect weekend.
And while you’re enjoying yourself, have a cocktail or two for me… because I’ll be knee deep in some last minute wedding planning. Why? Because I’m getting married in 50 days!!!!!!!!!
- 1 pound 50/50 bacon burger mix or
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ½ lb ground bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- sliced cheese of your choice
- grilled onions
- caramelized onions
- roasted peppers
- more bacon. because it's the right thing to do.
- Place the burger mix or beef and bacon into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Gently mix to combine and then form the meat into 4 equal patties of equal size to your burger buns.
- Heat your grill or indoor grill to medium heat.
- Place the patties on the grill and grill for 5-6 minutes on each side. Because there is such a high fat content in the burgers, the grill might get a little smoky. Not to worry. This is supposed to happen. Just be sure to have a long metal spatula to flip them.
- 1 minute before the burger is done, add the cheese of your choice on top and let it melt.
- Remove the burgers from the grill and serve with your desired toppings between 2 pieces of toasted buns.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!