There are few things in life that are as delicious as freshly grilled bread. It’s hot, slightly charred and crazy good. Now imagine that in a BBQ Bread Salad that’s tossed with a BBQ Red Wine Vinaigrette. Whaaaat? Mind Blown.
After a collaborative, Pimm’s fueled, brain storm session with my favorite food photographer and stylist this BBQ Bread Salad was born. I was talking about the fact that there really isn’t anything as awesome as bread fresh off the grill. I’m a fan of grilling pizza dough, pita bread, naan and of course – freshly baked bread! If you haven’t done it before, it BEGS to be done immediately. It’s quite simple… your favorite bread brushed with olive oil and then grilled for a few moments on each side until it’s just perfectly charred. I like to rub the bread with a bit of garlic post-grilling to jazz things up a tiny bit more!
Today I’m tossing those garlic rubbed pieces of grilled bread with a BBQ Red Wine Vinaigrette that is absolutely going to work its way into your everyday life! Serve it alongside some grilled chicken, steak or pork and enjoy!
- 1 baguette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch pieces. Drizzle olive oil on both sides.
- Heat a BBQ or grill pan over medium high heat. Grill the bread for a few minutes on each side until grill marks appear. Remove the bread from the grill and let cool. Rub each side of the bread with the garlic cloves to infuse the bread with extra flavor. Slice the cooled bread into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- Toss the cubed bread, thawed corn, green onions, red onion and cotija cheese in a large bowl. Drizzle with the BBQ Vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.