Chips!! I think besides guacamole they are my biggest weakness. Well, cheese too. But chips, cheese and guacamole are things I can never say no to! Especially sweetpotato chips, dusted with a homemade BBQ seasoning and fried to perfection!
They are sweet, spicy, crisp, and salty. What’s not to love! Today I’m teaming up with the awesome folks over at California Sweetpotatoes to bring you a recipe for homemade BBQ Sweetpotato chips! To say these are addictive is an understatement. They are literally out of this world and so easy to make! I’ve been snacking on them left and right and bringing them to the beach for our weekend picnics.
Check out the video for step-by-step directions on how to whip these up! And then make some at home – because I can promise that you’ll absolutely love them!
Just be sure not to share them with anyone else – because they’ll eat them all and then there will be none left for you to enjoy! But not to fear – they are loaded with vitamin B-6, vitamin A, carotene and potassium so even though they might feel a bit indulgent… they are still a healthy snack
- 4 California Sweetpotatoes
- Canola Oil for Frying
- 1-½ tablespoons Sweet Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Heat the canola oil in a large heavy bottom Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- While the oil is heating up, thinly slice the California sweetpotatoes using a mandolin.
- In a small dish, mix together the spices and season with salt
- Once the oil is hot, transfer a handful of the sliced California sweetpotatoes into the oil and fry for a few minutes until crisp. Using a pair of tongs or a slotted spoon, flip the chips over halfway through the frying process to ensure even cooking.
- Once the chips are crisp, remove them from the hot oil using a slotted spoon and transfer them onto a paper towel lined baking sheet. While the chips are still wet with oil, dust them with the homemade BBQ seasoning mixture.
- Let the chips dry and any excess oil be absorbed by the paper towel.
- Once the chips are cooled, serve as needed.
- Alternatively, if you’re saving these for later, let them cool even more, and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Tags: bbq sweet potato chips, BBQ Sweetpotato Chips, Homemade, homemade BBQ Sweetpotato Chips, homemade sweet potato chips, homemade Sweetpotato Chips, Sweet Potato Chips