I have some more very exciting news plus a kick ass chili recipe that you’re just going to love! It just seems to be a week full of excitement over here at What’s Gaby Cooking. But here’s the thing, this exciting news gives you the possibility of winning lots and lots of fabulous stuff. Like a $1000+ set of Le Creuset stuff… or various other prizes! The Pacific Natural Foods Everyday Chef Challenge is an awesome recipe competition and you should totally enter!
There are four categories of the contest- Drinks, Appetizers, Main Dishes and Desserts – and I’m judging the Main Dishes category (hint hint – enter that one!) All you have to do to enter is to use your creativity to come up with a holiday-inspired recipe for entertaining that includes at least one Pacific Natural Foods product in the ingredients, submit it to the site, and wait to see if you win!!
And here is what you could win….
You can find the full details on the challenge right here! There are a bazillion ways you could use any of their products, I’m going to share one of my favorite beef chili recipes (a holiday favorite of mine) below that uses the Pacific Natural Foods Beef Broth – and it’s delish! I’m super excited to see what you come up with!! I’m partial to the Main Dishes category, but you can absolutely enter in any of them… Drinks, Appetizers, Main Dishes or Desserts! Happy cooking!
And here’s my all-time favorite beef chili recipe that will warm you up on any chilly fall day…
- 1 yellow onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- In a large pot, saute the onion in the olive oil for about 5 minutes until the onions are soft. Add the garlic and carrot and stir to combine.
- Add the ground beef and saute until all the pink is gone. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes and stir to coat the meat with the spices.
- Add the roasted chopped tomatoes, broth and cider vinegar. Stir to combine and let simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Once the chili mixture has simmered for 45 minutes, add the black beans and chopped bell peppers. Stir and continue to let simmer for 2o minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with toppings of your choice. I recommend and combination of sour cream, cheddar cheese, scallions or guacamole!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!