Leave it to me to write an entire cookbook on avocados (one that includes an entire chapter on guacamole) and then continue to dream up guac recipes 1 year later 🙂 But I’m not complaining, because it lead me to the best guacamole recipe ever. Kid you not, it’s my favorite!!!
Here’s the secret. A mix of lemon and lime juice in the guacamole, the perfect amount of finely chopped red onions, freshly chopped chives and salt and pepper and a hint of spice. That’s it! The winning method is the combo of lemon and lime. It’s going to blow your mind.
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lime juice, red onion, chives, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!