Leave it to me to write an entire cookbook on avocados (one that includes an entire chapter on guacamole) and then continue to dream up guac recipes 1 year later 🙂 But I’m not complaining, because it lead me to the best guacamole recipe ever. Kid you not, it’s my favorite!!!
I take my guacamole very seriously. It has to be the perfect mixture of smooth and chunky. Seasoned just the right amount. If it’s lacking on salt that’s a major bummed. AND…. here’s the secret. You need a mix of lemon and lime juice in the guacamole. Boom. Game over. Add to that the perfect amount of finely chopped red onions, freshly chopped chives and salt and pepper and a hint of spice and you’re set. You’ll be on your way to be best guacamole your kitchen has ever seen! Promise!
And then you can take this and jazz it up with any number of variations! I like to add bacon sometimes. A combo of pineapple and mango is delish and so summery. Or even throw in some roasted poblano peppers if you want extra smoke. You’re welcome in advance 🙂
- 4 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lime juice, red onion, chives, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!