Brigadeiro, essentially a Brazilian chocolate bonbon, has been on my mind since returning from Brazil! While there, I sampled it in it’s true form, in ice cream form, and in a variety of other dessert applications. And I’ve been obsessed ever since.
It’s really one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever posted as it’s just a combination of 3 ingredients and then covered in sprinkles or shredded coconut. I don’t think the coconut covered brigadeiro is a traditional way to serve it, but I wanted to mix things up. Also, I’m just going to put it out there… I’m usually morally opposed to sprinkles. I have no idea why, but I’m making an exception for this Brigadeiro situation we’ve got going on over here today!
These little chocolate balls are super sweet, gooey, dense and will satisfy any sweet tooth like whoa! Made of condensed milk and cocoa powder plus a touch of butter, these will be ready to go in no time! As I mentioned above, most are coated in chocolate sprinkles, but I jazzed a handful up with some shredded coconut! You could use crushed cookies, rainbow sprinkles, or any other topping type food that you please!
- 3 tablespoons dutch processed cocoa powder
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- chocolate sprinkles
- shredded coconut
- crushed oreo's
- rainbow sprinkles
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa powder, butter and condensed milk.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. The consistency should be thick after cooking. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture rest until cool enough to touch.
- Scoop the mixture into small balls, about 3/4 inch in diameter, and roll in the topping of your preference. Chill before serving.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!