Mac and Cheese, Grilled Cheese and Chicken Fingers. Those were my GO-TO meals as a kid. I mean, I wouldn’t turn any of them down now either! They are tried and true comfort foods that I love nibbling on at basically any time of day!
Today we’re twisting up my go-to classics with Bruschetta Breaded Chicken Fingers made with TWISTOS Baked Snack Bites. I mean, what?!? Brilliant, right? It’s going to rock your world.
Serve these up alongside your favorite dipping sauce and you’ve got a killer snack or meal in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 boneless, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crushed TWISTOS Bruschetta Flavored Baked Snack Bites
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil for frying
- Carefully cut each of the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces, about 1-2 inches each.
- Place the chicken strips into a large resealable plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder. Pour the liquid into the bag with chicken. Seal, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In another large resealable plastic bag, mix together the flour, crushed TWISTOS Bruschetta Flavored Baked Snack Bites, salt and pepper. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator, and drain off the liquid. Place the chicken into flour mixture bag. Seal and shake to coat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, heavy bottom skillet over medium heat.
- Carefully place coated chicken in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides and fully cooked. Remove cooked chicken with a pair of tongs and drain on paper towels. Serve alongside your dipping sauce of choice.