Here’s the thing about being a California girl. It means having access to some of the most incredible produce on earth so I can whip up gorgeous dishes like this California Cobb Salad!
If you’re a long time reader of WGC, you know that Sweetpotatoes are my jam. They are constantly stocked in my kitchen because you can use them for so many different recipes! Chips / Loaded Sweetpotatoes / Wedge Fries / Noodles, the list goes on! Today they are front and center in this California Cobb Salad. It’s a game changer especially because until this Cobb graced my kitchen – I hated cobbs.
Whaaaaaat? Who says that? Here’s the deal – hard boiled eggs in my salad. NO thank you. I want a healthy, gorgeous, colorful and light Cobb and that’s exactly what this one is! So forget any notion you had of a super heavy cobb salad – this one is 100% guaranteed to rock your world.
- 3 California Sweetpotatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 3-4 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped, ¾ inch ribbons
- 4 cooked beets
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe avocado, medium dice
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 4 6-ounce salmon filets
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, Minced
- 2 teaspoons Shallots, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Grainy Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
- ½ teaspoons Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt
- ¼ cups Red Wine Vinegar
- 1-¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Toss the cubed sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes, stirring once, until golden and softened. Let cool.
- In 4 bowls, arrange equal amounts of the lettuce and top with piles of the sweet potatoes, beets, cherry tomatoes, avocados and chickpeas. Lay a piece of salmon on top of each salad. Toss with vinaigrette as needed.
- Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill on a hot grill pan for 3-4 minutes on each side until just slightly pink in the center. Remove and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in medium bowl and whisk until everything is incorporated.
** This post is brought to you by California Sweetpotatoes. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!