Chanterelle and Mascarpone Risotto
One of my favorite dishes to make for a stay at home date night is risotto. You can jazz it up any way you want and serve it as a main with a big green salad on the side, or you can serve it alongside a perfectly cooked steak, roasted chicken or grilled fish. Risotto is a super comforting dish and it has to be made with lots of attention and love – otherwise it can turn into a hot mess really quick!
This risotto is going to be part of my Valentines day menu – and I’m making it even more fabulous by incorporating a ton of Chanterelle mushrooms!
Chanterelle’s are all over my farmers markets right now and they are just so big and beautiful, it’s hard not to pick them up! They have an earthy and nutty flavor to them which makes this risotto dish an absolute winner. These mushrooms, coupled with a dab of mascarpone cheese, and you will have your hunny begging you to make this again and again!
|Chanterelle and Mascarpone Risotto|
Recipe Type: Pasta/Risotto
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 1 lb Chanterelle Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced (or 1 medium onion)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup dry White Wine
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup mascarpone Cheese
- 2 tbsp Green Onion (for garnish)
- salt and white pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the sliced chanterelle mushrooms and saute for 7-9 minutes until they are soft. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the shallot and saute until translucent. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute more. Add the Arborio rice to the skillet, making sure to stir it around in the olive oil so that each granule is coated with it, and toast it for about 90 seconds.
- Next add the white wine and stir the rice. Wait until all the wine has been absorbed and then start adding the chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time, making sure not to add more until the previous addition has been absorbed.
- Once the rice is just tender, add the Parmesan and mascarpone cheese and combine. Add the previously sauteed mushrooms and carefully combine into the risotto. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper as well as the green onions and serve.
For more risotto ideas – check out these risotto recipes!
Tags: arborio rice, Chantrelle and Marscapone Risotto, chantrelle mushroom, chantrelle mushrooms, Chantrelles, cook steak, date night menu, european cuisine, food and drink, italian cuisine, marscapone cheese, Mushroom risotto, Olive Oil, parmigiano reggiano, Risotto, roasted chicken, stay at home date night, valentines dinner, valentines menu, vegetarian valentines dinner