I tend to have a one-track mind when it comes to parties… and lately I can’t stop thinking about 4th of July. We’re heading to the beach this year and will be hanging with friends while we cook up a storm all weekend long. I’ve already emailed my friends and announced a menu that is going to feature these Cheese Bellied Fried Pickle Burgers!
Cheese Bellied Fried Pickle Burgers are my latest cheese stuffed creation. They happen frequently and they’re always delicious. When you add a handful of Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic fried pickles on top, well it’s pretty hard to beat that!
Fried pickles are a quick and easy addition that you can whip up in less than 10 minutes, and take it from me that you’ll want to make a double batch because these are perfect for snacking. Thinly sliced Farmer’s Garden Bread and Butter Chips are covered in a salt and pepper batter and then fried until crisp and golden. They’ll add the perfect crunch to your juicy, cheddar cheese stuffed burger!
I’m pretty sure these absolutely, positively, 100% need to make an appearance on your 4th of July spread! And don’t forget everything else that’s going to rock your party like this Stone Fruit Sangria, Mini Crab Cakes, Caramel Brownies, and a Quinoa Salad!
- 1 ¼ pounds ground beef (85/15 mixture)
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, cut in half and toasted
- Assorted lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, thinly sliced onions, and/or mayo for serving
- Peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups Farmer’s Garden Bread and Butter Pickles
- Heat a grill to medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper and cheese until evenly combined. Divide the meat into 4 equal portions and form it into 4 patties. Season the patties with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill using a pair of tongs and a paper towel dipped in oil. Place the burgers on the grill, and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side until medium. Adjust cooking time if you prefer rare or well-done burgers.
- Serve the patties on the toasted buns, topped with fried pickles (recipe below) , and any other desired toppings immediately.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium high heat until hot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt and ½ cup of water until you have and mostly smooth batter.
- Slice the Farmer’s Garden Bread and Butter Pickles in half so they are very skinny. Spread the pickles on a paper towel lined plate and dry completely.
- Dip the pickles into the batter and then transfer into the hot oil. Fry, for about 2-3 minutes, until golden, Remove the golden fried pickles from the oil and let dry on another paper towel lined plate. Season with salt and pepper as needed and serve accordingly.