Clearly I think the right thing to do after gallivanting around the southwestern part of the country for a week is to come home and make cheesecake brownies. I mean, I left my boyfriend to fend for himself for 8 whole days. I needed to do some baking and send these off with him to work to make up for things. Plus, I needed a little sugar fix myself.
I used to make cheesecake brownies all the time in college – but for some reason I haven’t made them since moving down to L.A. Never fear, this is no longer the issue! What I love most about cheesecake brownies is that the swirled cheesecake layer perfectly evens out the rich decadent brownies on the bottom making it a perfectly balanced bite. Add a few sprinkles of chocolate and white chocolate chips and your friends will be begging you to make more!
Let’s just talk about how cute these little pink and white dishes are too. Don’t you love them. I do! And guess who made them for me – my mom!! I know – jealous right! Well you don’t have to be – because we are giving away 12 of these darling little dishes that you can use for whatever you want! All you have to do is leave a comment below and you are automatically entered to win! For an extra entry, head on over to the What’s Gaby Cooking facebook page, become a fan and leave a quick comment there to let me know. If you’re already a fan – just remind me! I’ll randomly pick the winner on Friday (6/17) in the morning!
They would be perfect with cupcakes, a handful of your favorite candies, or pretty much anything else. And get this – in just a few weeks, my mom is going to be opening up her very own online pop-up prop shop (say that 10 times fast) which will be filled with one of a kind ceramic pieces that will totally jazz up your food styling and prop collection! I’ll be sure to let you know when it’s up and running.
A decadent dessert layered with rich chocolate brownies, a Cheesecake swirl and topped with white chocolate and chocolate chips. (Loosely adapted from Food Network)
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup AP flour
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper and then spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- For the Brownies: Melt the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium low heat, constantly stirring until completely melted. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the flour and carefully combine. Transfer to the parchment lined baking pan and set aside.
- For the Cheesecake: In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla and whisk together until there are no lumps. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temp so this process will be easier
- Using a spoon, drop pieces of the cheesecake batter on top of the brownie batter. Then using a knife, swirl the two batters together until you have a marbled effect.
- Top with the white chocolate chips and the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Transfer baking dish to the pre-heated oven and bake for 30-33 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
- If you're feeling really decadent - serve a slice of the cheesecake brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!