Layers of homemade cookie dough and cheesecake mixed together results in the most decadent (but easy) Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars have been around my house for ages!! I can remember the first time one of my aunts made them for me when I was a kid. It was the recipe on the back of the cream cheese box and I just about died. It was heaven. The recipe has gone through a few dozen modifications because I can ONLY use my most favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe in the whole wide world – and these days it’s even better! The fam and I are heading out on a crazy 6 day adventure in a few days and I’m bringing these along for the plane ride and for snacks while we are hiking our way through Bryce + Zion! Wish us luck!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a large stand mixer for 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Toss in a handful of the chocolate chips and mix for a quick second. Chill the dough while you make the cheesecake layer
- Whip together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla for 3 minutes until everything is evenly combined and smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with tin foil and spray it with non-stick baking spray.
- Press 1/2 of the cookie dough mixture into the bottom of the pan to make 1 even layer.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the cookie dough.
- Crumble and sprinkle the remaining cookie dough on top of the cheesecake mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips
- Place it into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the cookie dough is golden brown. The inner part of the dish might look a bit jiggly, but not to fear. Once the Cheesecake Cookie Bars have baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the counter for 30 minutes. Then transfer them to the fridge and cool completely for at least 2 hours. Cut and serve as needed.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!