I did a whole lot of cooking this weekend. I’m all cooked out. I spent the whole day saturday and sunday in the kitchen prepping for a big week. I’ve got a few dinner parties, a boat load of meetings, Valentine’s Day, and some other fun things to tend to. And I don’t know about you, but when I have a busy week coming up, it helps when I cook up a storm before the madness begins. That way, I know that no matter what happens, there is something to eat in the fridge that we can whip out and heat up for dinner.
I roasted some potatoes, created my new favorite kind of carrots (recipe to come soon), threw some BBQ chicken in the slow cooker and then I made these Cheesecake Cookie Bars. And while everything else I made got 2 thumbs up from Thomas, it was these Cheesecake Cookie Bars that really stole the show. I can’t even deal. I seriously am considering sending them to work with him tomorrow because knowing me, they will all be gone within 24 hours. I just can’t help myself. I combined a WAY easy cheesecake recipe with my favorite Valentine’s Day themed m&m cookies and voila… Cheesecake Cookie Bars that are dotted with colorful milk chocolate m&m’s. They are delish. And a really fun V-Day themed treat to bring into the office or bake up for your sweetie if you’re planning anything like that this year. I’ll probably devour all of these, and then make some more for Valentine’s Day. And then I’ll do a juice cleanse next week. Everything in moderation right? (my mom is probably shaking her head at me right now)
So make these and indulge a bit. Because it’s Valentine’s Day week… the biggest Hallmark Holiday of them all… and then go buy yourself some flowers because you deserve it!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 bag of milk chocolate m&m's
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a large stand mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated. Toss in a handful of the m&m's and mix for a quick second. Chill the dough while you make the cheesecake layer
- Whip together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla for 3 minutes until everything is evenly combined and smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with tin foil and spray it with non-stick baking spray.
- Press 1/2 of the cookie dough mixture into the bottom of the pan to make 1 even layer.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the cookie dough.
- Crumble and sprinkle the remaining cookie dough on top of the cheesecake mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining m&m.s
- Place it into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the cookie dough is golden brown. The inner part of the dish might look a bit jiggly, but not to fear. Once the Cheesecake Cookie Bars have baked, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the counter for 30 minutes. Then transfer them to the fridge and cool completely for at least 2 hours. Cut and serve as needed.