Let’s be real here… bread slathered in cheese is just one of life’s necessities.
Now imagine that same bread stuffed to the brim with cheese, chipotle peppers, green onions and bit of garlic. It’s like the most intense garlic cheese bread in the entire world. And I’m all about it!
I’ve been whipping this up for game days for the last few weeks. And I’m particularly impressed with myself when I make it and bring it to a tailgating party and finish it on those little portable BBQ’s that everyone brings. It’s the little things in life that bring me great joy. Like those baby BBQ’s and this crazy decadent Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread
Happy hump day people! Let’s dig in!
- 1 large loaf of Italian bread or Ciabatta bread
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 6 ounces Colby Jack, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a cross hatch pattern into the top of the bread by slicing ½-inch grid lines into the bread, stopping about ¼-inch from the bottom of the bread so that it stays together. Place the bread on the piece of foil.
- Stir together the olive oil, garlic and scallions.
- Gently separate the bread with your fingers, then pour the olive oil mixture in all of the crevasses.
- Wrap the loaf up in the foil and place on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Open the foil and stuff the shredded cheese into the cross hatches of the bread. I used the end of a fork or spoon to help me shove the cheese as far down into the bread as possible, followed by the chipotle chili peppers. Leave the foil open and return it to the oven.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly for 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving, then sprinkle with more green onions and dig in!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!