Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sometimes all you want is a really good chewy cookie. Something simple that will totally satisfy your sweet tooth and that is exactly what these Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies did for me yesterday! Last night I did this extravagant dinner party at work complete with cheese platters, appetizers, 3 main dishes, numerous sides and plenty of vino and I decided that after tons of work of the savory dishes the perfect dessert would be a chewy cookie!
After raiding the pantry I found a bag of tart cherries which my BFF Matt Armendariz introduced me to last year. I’m literally obsessed with them. They are the perfect addition to a salad, or just to munch on, or to throw into some cookie dough!! Obviously I opted for the cookies. The result was a delicious cookie that balances the tartness of the cherries with the sweetness of the chocolate chips. Pure heaven.
|Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies|
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 8 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 10 oz chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup Dried Tart Cherries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixer, combine the softened butter and sugars with a whisk attachment. Let whisk for 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking soda, sea salt and baking powder and slowly combine, making sure not to over-mix the batter. Add the oats, chocolate chips and dried tart cherries and combine. Refrigerate batter for 1 hour.
- Using a 1 inch scoop, scoop 12 cookies onto each parchment lined baking sheet. Transfer sheets into over and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies just slightly turn a golden brown color on the edges but are still soft and chewy in the middle. Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack. Repeat process for remaining dough.
Tags: Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cherry Cookies, Cookies, Oatmeal Cherry Cookies, Oatmeal Cookies