Chicken Parmesan Pizza.
Ya. I went there.
On my no carbs for 3 weeks leading up to the wedding diet, I went there. Big time. Clearly that no carb thing didn’t work out so well.
Chicken Parmesan Pizza is my new favorite thing. Just imagine freshly made pizza dough, piled high with fresh mozzarella, juicy heirloom tomatoes, and breaded chicken and sprinkled with a bit of oregano and then dusted with salt and pepper. Holy moly. Good luck ever getting an invite over to my house when I make this, it’s basically too good to share.
I can’t even believe I’ve never had it before. It’s just life changing. For real. It’s 100% the best pizza in the world. It’s the brain child of my friend Koko and I’ve been craving it since she made it a few months back.
So last week, I made it. Two of my bestest friends in the whole wide world are living in LA this month for med school rotations. It’s basically my dream come true to have them here. So Chicken Parmesan Pizza seemed like the right thing to do to welcome them to LA. I mean, right? Wouldn’t you want to be welcomed to a new town with Chicken Parmesan Pizza? I would.
So I made it. And then I was like, oh I’ve got some will-power. I don’t need any pizza, I’ll just stick to the salad. LIES. LIES. LIES, I tell you! I couldn’t resist. It was too good to pass up. And whatever, 2 pieces of pizza won’t kill my wedding dress fitting will it? Let’s hope not. My seamstress might shoot me.
So the morale of this story is, you should always eat pizza. Regardless of if you have a wedding coming up or not.
Thank you for tuning in.
- 16 ounces fresh pizza dough (I use the pre-made kind from Trader Joes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 chicken breast, pounded into a 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 cup store bought pizza sauce
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees F.
- Place an unwrapped piece of pizza dough on a sprayed baking sheet and let rest for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs together in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs and shredded parmesan cheese in another bowl and set aside.
- Dip the piece of chicken into the egg mixture until it is fully coated. Then dip it in the bread crumb mixture and make sure the bread crumbs adhere to the entire chicken breast. Place the chicken breast on a small baking sheet and transfer it to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked. Remove the chicken from the oven, let it cool, and then slice into thin strips and set aside.
- Meanwhile, roll the pizza dough out to cover the entire baking sheet. Spread the pizza sauce on the dough and top with cheese and heirloom tomatoes. Place the chicken on top of the cheese and sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper.
- Transfer the pizza into the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble and turn golden brown. Remove the pizza from the oven, slice and serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!