I got a call from my sister a few weeks ago specifically requesting more healthy chicken dinner options, so she and her friends could make some of my recipes for themselves! Being the awesome sister that I am, I happily obliged and whipped together what could be one of my new favorite dinners. Cumin Dusted Chicken Tostadas are quick and painless and very filling. They are a great weeknight meal that you can put together in just a few short minutes and its full of my favorite southwestern flavors.
- 2 Chicken Breast, pounded to ½ inch thin
- 3 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 inch round corn or flour tortillas
- 1 cup safflower oil
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup Cotija Cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Season the chicken with the cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and transfer to the heated grill pan. Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove and set aside. Roughly chop the chicken into bite sized pieces
- In a heavy bottom dutch oven or pot, heat safflower oil over high heat. Once heated, fry 1 small corn/flour tortilla at a time, turning once, until they are crisp. Remove the tortilla from the oil and place over paper towel to dry.
- Once dry, place 1 fried tortilla onto a plate. Add some refried beans to the bottom. Sprinkle with some of the chopped chicken, a dollop of guacamole, halved cherry tomatoes and some of the cotija cheese. Drizzle the cilantro vinaigrette on top and serve.
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a food processor combine the cilantro leaves, olive oil, juice of the lemon, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Pulse until liquid consistency. Set aside