Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookie Butter Sandwiches. Say that 10 times fast.
I’ve recently become obsessed with making chocolate covered pretzel thins. I can’t be stopped. I make them in bulk about once a week and stick them in the freezer and then eat them like grapes. It’s beginning to become a bit of an issue.
I’ve also recently discovered cookie butter. Ya, ya I know this was all the rage like 2 years ago. But sometimes I like to live under a rock and I miss out on these kinds of scientific advances in the food world. So it wasn’t until a few weeks ago when I had my first encounter with cookie butter. It was a magical moment and it’s like we’ve been besties ever since.
I mashed up my 2 current obsessions to make Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookie Butter Sandwiches, because it seemed like the right thing to do. 2 Chocolate Covered Pretzels loaded with a dollop of Cookie Butter in the middle? What’s not to love.
It’s also quite fabulous with peanut butter in the middle. But I went big and opted for the Cookie Butter.
There isn’t an exact art form to crafting these easy sweet treats, but I promise if you stick them in the freeze for about 5-10 minutes it’s going to blow your mind.
In fact, just go ahead and stick a whole batch of the chocolate covered pretzels in the freezer because that’s the best way to eat them!
Cookie butter is just another reason why I’m absolutely obsessed with Trader Joe’s. But not to fear, if you don’t have a TJ’s close to you, you can order the cookie butter on amazon. I’m tempted to set up a recurring amazon prime order of this cookie butter so it continually stocks itself every month. Would that be weird? I sure hope not!
- 30 original pretzel thins
- 2-3 cups dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 jar cookie butter
- Arrange a piece of parchment on a baking sheet. Place a cooling rack over the parchment lined baking sheet and arrange all of the pretzel thins on top.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate until it's pourable.
- Pour half of the chocolate over the pretzel thins and let the chocolate set. If you're in a hurry, you can place the entire baking/cooling sheet in the fridge to make the chocolate set faster. Once the chocolate has set, flip the pretzels over and pour the remaining melted chocolate on the other half and let them set.
- Once all of the pretzel thins are coated in chocolate and cooled, transfer them to a freezer safe bag and freeze for at least 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, place about 2 tablespoons on butter on one pretzel thin and sandwich another pretzel on top. Put the entire Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookie Butter Sandwich in the freezer for about 10 minutes before eating. Repeat the process with the remaining pretzels and cookie butter.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!