9 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!!
It’s time to get baking if you haven’t already started! Over the past week I have been baking up a storm and it has been wonderful, except for the fact that my kitchen is in a constant state of disaster. Imagine my surprise when I came home last night and my boyfriend had cleaned the whole thing for me… needless to say I was in shock. Total shock. One of the baked goods that has come out of my kitchen are these chocolate snowballs! They are mouthwatering and delicious. Easy and simple bites to wrap up and send to your friends for a cute christmas gift! They would also be great party favors for your holiday parties! I made them for a holiday party and they were quickly devoured… I have a few more hiding in my fridge so I can sneak one for breakfast too!
Before we get to the recipe, I have a winner to announce from this weeks giveaway! Thank you for all your fabulous stories about your holiday food memories… I seriously need to get a bunch of the recipes and start making your favorite dishes! They all sounded so good. The lucky winner, according to Random Number Generator, of the 12-cup Cuisinart mixer and the Julie and Julia DVD or Blu-Ray is…. #13 Food King…. be sure to email me at whatsgabycooking (at) gmail (dot) com to claim your loot within the next 48 hours otherwise the prize will go to another winner!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tbsp butter, at room temp
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temp
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup milk
- Also you will need 1 container of Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a KitchenAid, beat the butter until smooth and then slowly add the sugar. Continue beating until light and smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla and beat for about 1 minute more. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 1 minute between each egg.
- Combine the water and milk in a pot and bring just to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- With the mixer at low speed, add the flour mixture, a little bit at a time. Carefully pour the liquid into the batter. Remove the bowl from the mixer and, using a large rubber spatula, finish combining the batter until smooth. Pour the batter into a greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Once baked, remove from oven and set aside to cool for about 1-2 hours. After it has cooled use a spoon and mix up the cake, chopping it up into little pieces. Then mix in 1/2 of a container of cream cheese frosting (you can make your own or buy it - I bought it as I already had 10 other projects going in the kitchen that day). Make sure that the cream cheese frosting is fully incorporated.
- Then using a tablespoon spoon, scoop little balls out of the cake and roll them into balls. Dust with powdered sugar and serve or package for gifts!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!