It’s less than 2 weeks until Thanksgiving and we’re getting serious up in here. Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are in the works on the blog and on snapchat today and it’s very exciting.
One of the things you guys requested this holiday season was hands down make ahead items for the thanksgiving table. Dessert is one of those things you can whip up ahead of time so you’re not worried about it the day of. To be honest, you could make this Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake 4-5 days ahead of time and keep it frozen until the day before and then let it come to room temp before serving.
Let’s break this down shall we? It’s an oreo crust that’s so good you could eat it on it’s own. Then a super easy pumpkin cheesecake that gets swirled with a chocolate mixture to create this marbled topping. Who wouldn’t want this as the pièce de résistance for Thanksgiving dinner! Sure you could serve it up with a pie, or apple crisp, but you could also serve it up solo and people would be pumped! Stay tuned next week because I’m bringing you a whole Thanksgiving week break down of what to make when, a full menu with a printable menu card and a few other gems that you’ll be thankful for! xx
PS – are you thinking of putting this on your Thanksgiving menu? Check out the full What’s Gaby Cooking menu here along with the master prep schedule to keep things organized and on track!
- 9 ounces Oreo Cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend cookies until finely ground, add butter, and pulse until moistened.
- Transfer crumb mixture to prepared pan, and press gently into bottom. Bake until fragrant and slightly firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place cream cheese in food processor; blend until smooth. Add sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, flour, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt; process until combined. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Add 1 cup pumpkin mixture; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pour remaining pumpkin mixture into prepared pan. Drop dollops of chocolate mixture onto pumpkin mixture; swirl. Bake until cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly when gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in pan. Cover; chill until firm, at least 2 hours (and up to 2 days). Using overhang, transfer cake to work surface. With a knife dipped in water, cut into 16 squares. Serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!