It’s that time of year – time for to keep the freezer stocked with Christmas Crack so there’s a little somethin’ somethin’ on hand when the sweet tooth strikes.
Have you ever had Christmas Crack? Wait, back up. Have you even heard of Christmas Crack? I used to called it “mix” – but Christmas Crack is a way better name right because it’s majorly addictive?
It’s a sweet and salty snack made with a combination of cherrios, rice chex, wheat chex, pretzel sticks, M&M’s and white chocolate. Image trail mix on steroids – it’s EVERYTHING. My mom’s been making this mix for us for ages, especially during the holiday season because it’s just so gorgeous and festive. I like to make big batches of this and pack it up so I can give it out as gifts around this time of year! Also – FYI – it keeps super well in the freezer.
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cups Pretzel Sticks
- 2-3 cups m&m’s
- 24 oz White Chocolate (plus an extra 4-8 oz if needed)
- In a large bowl combine the Cheerios, Chex, Pretzels and m&m’s. Mix them up a bit, making sure that everything is evenly distributed.
- Meanwhile, over a double boiler, melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the package.
- Once the chocolate has melted and is a smooth consistency, drizzle the chocolate over the cereal mix and combine with a wooden spoon or hands. Make sure all the cereal is covered in chocolate. If you need to melt the extra white chocolate to cover all the mix then go right on ahead!
- Once the entire batch has been combined, lay it out to dry on a large sheet of parchment or wax paper. Let dry for 1 hour so the chocolate is cooled and hard. Break it up into medium pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!