A crazy addictive Coconut Chicken Curry made with a rich coconut creamy sauce, chicken, potatoes, eggplant and topped with fresh basil and freshly squeezed lime juice!
Here’s the thing, I don’t get sick. I’m tough and I refuse to let myself slow down. That is up until this past weekend. I guess after 5 years of not really having a cold or anything else, it was my time. Luckily it didn’t really set in until Saturday evening and I was able to make it through a day of wedding dress shopping in Denver with one of my best friends without a hitch!
Thank goodness for Coconut Chicken Curry! I’m hooked. Can’t stop, won’t stop. It’s too good to pass up. I’ve taken to stocking coconut milk at all times, and my curry powder collection is in full force. 5 different kinds of curry spices is bound to result in a ton of upcoming curry recipes.
This one works at all times. And if you happen to feel a bit under the weather like me, then the spices in this one, along with the red pepper flakes, will kick any bad feelings right outta ya!
Coconut Chicken Curry is easy to make and fun to load up with any of your favorite vegetables. I chose to add some Thai eggplants (those cute little green things in the photo), potatoes, chicken (obviously) and opted for a basil finish to give it an extra bit of pop.
It’s hands down one of my favorite dishes ever! Easy to make and even easier to eat. I’ll serve this along side some quinoa, rice, farro or just eat it plain! Bonus – it keeps really well in the fridge for a few days. Just add an extra sprinkle of fresh basil on top before gobbling up.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound baby eggplant, cut into quarters
- 1 cup yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ¾ pound chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- basil to garnish
- serve with rice, quinoa, farro or any other grain.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the sliced onion to the oil and sauté for 2 minutes before add in the red pepper flakes, baby eggplant and potatoes. Sauté everything together for 3-4 minutes and then add the garlic. Stir to combine until the garlic is fragrant and then add the raw chicken breasts. Sauté the chicken for a few minutes.
- Add the curry powder and coconut milk. The liquid should cover all of the ingredients, if it doesn't add 1 cup of water at a time, until all the ingredients are covered, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and let the mixture simmer for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes and the chicken are fully cooked.
- After the chicken and potatoes are fully cooked, add the soy sauce and remove from the heat. Taste and season with salt if needed and the juice of 1 lime. Toss in a few fresh basil leaves and stir to combine. Let the flavors develop for another 5 minutes before serving over rice or quinoa.
Tags: Coconut Chicken Curry, Coconut Chicken Curry with eggplant, Coconut Chicken Potato Curry, Easy Coconut Chicken Curry, Easy Curry