Cowboy Caviar Quinoa Salad is one of those meals that you can make and then serve it again and again for either lunch or dinner for the next few days. It keeps life easy! Which, I think, is something we all appreciate every now and then. Or always.
I’m digging this one out of the archives and re-posting it with a new spin! Adding a poached egg on top is kinda my new favorite thing to do! And I thought we should all enjoy it together, no? Because I’m that girl who totally loves leftovers this, Cowboy Caviar Quinoa Salad is perfect for me. I make the bulk of the salad when I’m feeling motivated and then pop it in the fridge for meals over the next few days. When hunger strikes, I usually just chop up some extra avocado and toss it in and add a poached egg on top! Because let’s be honest people, everything in life is better with a little bit of poached egg!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 1/2 cup cooked beans, black or kidney beans are best
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly snipped chives
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 poached eggs
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile combine the corn, beans, red bell pepper and green onion in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add the cooked quinoa into the mixture, and add the lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving add some chopped avocado and a poached egg