I have a weakness for cookies, and chocolate, and all desserts for that matter. This week I made these delicious Cowboy Cookies which are Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oats and Coconut…. ummmmm heaven! Seriously… you need to make these… they will rock your world… but don’t eat more than let’s say 7 at a time… because then you won’t eat your dinner… whoops This is one of Martha Stewart’s recipes! Here is what you need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate chips – oh just use the whole bag – whatever
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on medium-high for 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low, and slowly add flour mixture, beating until just incorporated. Beat in oats, chocolate, and coconut until combined.
- Using a small spoon, drop dough onto baking sheets.
- Bake until edges of cookies begin to brown, 11 to 13 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire cooling rack, and let cool for 5 minutes.
and… only 2 more days until my BIRTHDAY (well 2 full days… its on June 1st)!!!!! Can you tell that I am excited. I celebrate my birthday for at least 2 weeks… usually 3… and I can’t wait!
Tags: Bread, Chocolate, Coconut, Cookies, Dessert, Homemade