Something must be in the air because there are baby showers happening left and right!! Today we’re talking about how to put together the perfect Baby Shower Menu.
Baby showers are a chance to gather up your nearest and dearest and celebrate the mama to be before she well, becomes a mom! I’ve cooked for a number of baby showers before back in my private chef days and guess what… it doesn’t have to be complicated!!
A few months back I teamed up with one of my favs, Kasey from Styled by Kasey, to throw the most gorgeous baby shower! There’s a lot that goes into the day and all the games/presents/drinks/pictures etc… but if you’re like me… food is one of the most important! When cooking for a group of 15+, I like to keep things mostly simple. I try not to make myself crazy and I 100% support taking a helping hand from your local bakery when it comes to a few things. Here’s my menu for a baby shower! You can customize it depending on what season you’re in or get jazzy with different toppings and treats!
- quiches – I snagged some pre-made quiche crusts from a bakery close to home and then whipped up this quiche filling and baked them off to perfection! Top them with some micro greens and you’re ready to go!
- granola parfaits – I mean, does it get easier than layering some yogurt, fruit and granola in a cute little jar? I think not! I make my own coconut chocolate granola on the regular and then just layered it with my favorite vanilla yogurt brand, some fruit and a drizzle of agave nectar on top.
- pastries – we grabbed a ton of delicious pastries from Bottega Louie which is known for their croissants and macaroons!
- fresh fruit board – grab some fresh fruit from the farmers market and go to town!
- avocado toast – yesssss! mandatory for any gathering in my opinion! Here are 5 fun ways you can jazz up avocado toast and keep things gorgeous for the shower! If you want, you can even mix up the avocado portion of these recipes a day ahead of time and drizzle some lemon juice on top and then press some plastic wrap onto the exposed part before refrigerating it overnight.
- cupcakes – take a trip to your favorite bakery and grab some cute cupcakes!! No shame in taking a hand from someone who makes gorgeous treats – I’ve never been into piping icing 🙂
- scones – these make an appearance at almost every shower I cook for! They can be made a day ahead of time which makes the day of waaaay easier!
- strawberry basil lemonade – one of my favorite drinks EVER! I make it every chance I get – and if you’re wanting a boozy option, throw in some gin or vodka for all the non-pregnant ladies at the shower!
- spa water – another super easy one – just take a few of your favorite kinds of fruit, chop them up and throw it all in a pitcher.
- Mimosa Bar – grab a few bottles of prosecco and then put out some fun juices to mix and match. A few bowls of fresh fruit make it extra cute!
- sparkling water – easy!
Hop on over to Styled by Kasey for all the details on the decor and all that jazz!!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!