Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!! Get ready – you guys are going to be obsessed.
You already are WELL aware of my obsession with the All-Clad Dutch Oven right? I mean, if you watch my FB Live or Snapchat show, it’s basically my favorite pan for all things on the stove. Well… guess what. All-Clad just launched a new Prep&Cook and it’s basically every single kitchen appliance you could need in 1 device. Genius. The All-Clad Prep&Cook is an all-in-one-appliance that revolutionizes cooking and replaces almost all of your kitchen gadgets. You can use it to make sauces, soups, simmered stews, steamed veggies, pastries and desserts. Naturally, I made Double Chocolate Chip Banana Bread because I’ll go for any excuse to work more chocolate into my daily life.
Let’s get down to business shall we. This new all-in-one kitchen electric saves time, space and creates one million menus at the touch of a button. All the ingredients go into the mixing bowl, the bananas are whipped into the batter, chocolate chips are stirred in perfectly and in just a few minutes, you have the perfect double chocolate banana bread stuffed with plenty of chocolate chips. Then it’s just into a loaf pan and into the oven for about an hour and voila! Easy right? It’s genius if you ask me. And word on the street is these multi-cookers are huge in Europe and Australia, so if you’re a reader and live in that part of the world – this is probably already your jam.
Shall we discuss a giveaway? One lucky winner is getting one of these bad boys for their own kitchen! All you have to do is leave a comment below, and an extra entry if you do it on instagram too, and answer this question: What dish / meal would you like to simplify by using this cooking food processor? Boom. Easy peasy. Let the games begin… (contest closes April 4th at 9am PST – open to US residents only) Congratulations to #27 Heather!! I emailed you so you can collect your brand spanking new Prep&Cook!
- 4 overripe bananas (I like to stick ripe bananas in the freezer and then let them thaw before making banana bread so I always have overripe bananas on hand)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract (vanilla extract works too)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with a nonstick baking spray.
- Place the butter, sugar, egg, and chocolate extract in the bowl fitted with the kneading/crushing blade. Launch the P3 pastry program. Peel and roughly chop the bananas.
- At the end of the program, add the bananas, flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and all of the chocolate chips except 2 tablespoons. Mix at speed 6 for 40 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix at speed 6 for an additional 10 seconds.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before running a knife around the perimeter of the loaf pan and inverting the banana bread and transferring the loaf onto a cooling rack. Slice and serve as needed.
If you don't have a prep&cook or prefer to make this from scratch - here are directions: In a large stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar and whip for 2 minutes until combined. Add the egg, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined. Add the extract and the bananas and mix for 30 seconds. The batter will look a little curdled, this is normal. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and mix for a few seconds until the flour is evenly combines. Add the chocolate chips and give it all a quick stir. Then follow the directions as needed for baking.
** This post is brought to you by All-Clad. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!