Brace yourselves. Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread.
I’ve been working on this recipe for weeks and I’m so pumped with the end result. Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is like the banana bread of summer. Loaded with tons of cocoa powder and chocolate chips, you won’t even be able to see the zucchini but it’s there. It’s what makes this loaf so moist and delicious! It’s pretty perfect if you ask me.
And for all of you who grow zucchini in your garden, or subscribe to a local CSA, I can pretty much guarantee that your zucchini supply is in overdrive. I was just over at my moms earlier today and she had picked 4 giant zucchini and that doesn’t include the ones she picked 3 days ago or last weekend. I swear they just pop up overnight! So grab a giant zucchini or 2 and get baking. This Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is NOT to be missed. (And FYI… if you have some butterscotch chips, those would be an excellent addition too! #justsaying)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the oil and sugar and combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Add the almond milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the baking soda and mix for a few seconds until the flour is evenly combined. Add the zucchini. Add the chocolate chips and give it all a quick stir.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray and evenly divide the batter in the 2 pans. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
- Transfer the loaf pans to the oven and bake for 60 minutes until a knife can be inserted in the center of the loaf and it comes out clean. Remove the loaves from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the pans and serving. If they need a little more time, continue baking until the knife comes out clean.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!