Sometimes I crave chocolate and cookies. And by sometimes, I really mean all the time. I come from a sweet tooth family and it’s pretty much a necessity to have something sweet around at all times just in case the cravings creep in! Usually a chocolate chip cookie will suffice, but sometimes I need a whole lotta chocolate – and these Flourless Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are just what the doctor ordered!
One of my favorite desserts in the whole world is a flourless chocolate cake! I love how dense and decadent it is – but sometimes when I make the entire cake, just for fun, maybe just for myself, I end up pawning it off on friends and neighbors because I can’t seem to finish it! So I’ve come up with a solution to this problem – a Flourless Double Chocolate Chip Cookie! Umm hello? Genius right? And best part – you can totally freeze these cookies if you don’t scarf them all down right away. But let’s be honest here – how often is that going to happen.
These cookies are just slightly crisp on the outside, chewy and chocolaty in the middle and crackled on top! I mean, if you’re feeling extra decadent you could sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top too. Just sayin.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 320 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Once combined, add the eggs whites and vanilla and mix until just combined through.
- Spoon the batter onto the baking sheets in 12 evenly spaced mounds, 6 on each baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked;
- Let cookies cool completely and then serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!