Fried Garlic, Spinach and Goat Cheese Quiche
If you follow me over on Twitter you might be aware of my recent obsession with Fried Garlic. It’s kinda the most amazing thing in the world, especially when you add it to salads, pizza, quiches and well, just about anything else maybe even… Guacamole!
Another obsession of mine is Goat Cheese. Goat Cheese and I have had a love affair for the last few months and it’s going pretty well. So when I had the chance to have some friends over for brunch last weekend, I whipped up some of these Fried Garlic, Spinach and Goat Cheese Quiches. Delish, right?!? They were the perfect way to start a Sunday Brunch! The fried garlic gave the quiche a little nutty flavor and the goat cheese was creamy and tangy as usual and the spinach is just kinda perfect for everything, so it made for a great flavor explosion in the quiche.
|Fried Garlic, Spinach and Goat Cheese Quiche|
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Ground pepper
- Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 bunches fresh spinach
- 2 oz Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease 4 ramekins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Wilt the spinach in a small skillet with 2 tbsp of water. Once wilted, drain the water and add the spinach to the egg mixture.
- Cut each clove of garlic into 4 large pieces. Add the olive oil to a pan and set over medium high heat. Add the pieces and fry for about 1 minute, or just until the outside of the clove turns the faintest golden color. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and add to the egg mixture.
- Crumble in the goat cheese and then divide the mixture between the ramekins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and then serve.
Tags: brunch ideas, brunch recipes, Fried Garlic, garlic dishes, Goat Cheese, quiche, Spinach and Goat Cheese Quiche