Three words will literally rock your world. Fried Goat Cheese. Yup. That’s right. Little rounds of creamy tangy goat cheese coated with breadcrumbs and light fried. Be still my heart.
I can’t believe I went so long in my life without ever eating this little morsel of joy. It changed my life in a matter of seconds and I kinda never again want to eat another salad without some fried goat cheese. Goat cheese is a staple in my house. I always have it on hand and throw it into lots of different dishes like risotto and pizza and even guacamole! But never have I actually breaded some rounds of goat cheese, lightly fried them in grapeseed oil and served it over a salad with fresh strawberries and a balsamic vinaigrette. It’s literally the definition of perfection. And you’ve got to try it! Trust me. You will not be disappointed.
|Fried Goat Cheese Salad|
Recipe Type: Salad
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 3 handfuls mixed green lettuce
- 10 strawberries, tops removed and sliced
- 1 small log of goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup freshly made bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup olive
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce and strawberries. Set aside.
- Cut a small log of goat cheese into small pieces, about the size of 2 tbsp. Roll the piece of goat cheese into a ball in your hands and then gently mold into a disk shape. Repeat this process for the remaining goat cheese and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and set aside.
- Place the bread crumbs into another small bowl.
- Dip each of the pieces of goat cheese in the egg wash and then into the bread crumb mixture. Using your fingers, make sure the bread crumbs are firmly into the goat cheese and set aside.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Lightly fry the goat cheese rounds for about a minute on each side until they are golden brown and are just slightly melted on either side but still retain their shape. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Top the salad with the fries goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Tags: balsamic vinaigrette, balsamic vinegar, cherve salad, food and drink, fried goat cheese, fried goat cheese salad, Goat Cheese, goat cheese salad, goat's milk cheese, middle eastern cuisine, mix green, salad dressings, strawberry salad