I’ve got 24 hours until I peace out of Los Angeles, head up to San Fran for 24 hours and then head on to France! So if you’ve got some suggestions on places that I can’t miss while there – hit me up in the comments!! I’ll be on the lookout for lots of good food and countless bottles of Rosé. And while that is very exciting in itself, let’s just talk about something else for a hot second.
I mean, did you guys watch ABC last night. Missing. Grey’s. Scandal. Omg. I can’t even deal right now. First of all, I loved Missing. I’m bummed they canceled it, but let’s be real here, I’m sure they will replace it with another show that I will quickly learn to love just as much.
Grey’s. You guys. The first 15 minutes literally had me having heart palpitations. I’m pretty sure I burned 1000 calories just freaking out on the couch. Plus I’m officially like super sad about who died. I won’t say who here, cause I know some of you have it on DVR. But it’s depressing. For realz
And Scandal. Totes the best new show of this year. Don’t you agree??
Okay. Now that we’ve taken care of that super serious business, we can move onto this pasta.
It’s not just any pasta. It’s a creamy goat cheese coated pasta with shrimp, sauteed tomatoes and broccoli that gets thrown into the food processor so its like a broccoli pesto. Well kinda, not really. But you get the idea. It’s good though. So good that I made it twice last week for us at home and twice at work. It’s a hit. It’s light, clean and super flavorful. You could even throw in some chicken instead of shrimp if that’s more of your thang.
Doesn’t it just look like the most perfect summer pasta dish of all times? Ya, I think so too!
- 1 lb pasta or quinoa pasta
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, florets only, pulsed in a food processor until finely chopped
- 5 ounces soft goat cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and pepper and the zest and juice of 1 lemon. Transfer the seasoned shrimp to the hot oil and cook, 2 minutes on each side, until pink and fully cooked. Remove the shrimp from the skillet once cooked and set aside.
- Place the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil back into the skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and tomatoes and saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent and the tomatoes are slightly cooked. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and saute for 2-3 minutes until bright green. Add the goat cheese and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water and stir to combine until you have a creamy consistency. Add more of the reserved water if needed to ensure a creamy consistency. Add the cooked pasta and the cooked shrimp and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!