All burgers are not created equal. They’ve got to be equal parts juicy, packed full of flavor, perfectly salted and served on a grilled bun with awesome condiments. These Green Harissa Turkey Burgers are exactly that!
As an equal opportunity burger eater, I’m always on the hunt for the perfect burger. Beef burgers, lamb burgers, chicken or turkey or even veggie! You name it…
Aida, one of my favorite partners in crime introduced me to green harissa a few months ago and I’ve been hooked ever since! It’s equal parts spicy, herby and delicious on just about anything! I thought it would be pretty perfect on a juicy turkey burger topped with chilled sliced cucumbers and a bit of feta! Turns out, I was right! It’s awesome!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- burger buns
- sliced cucumbers
- crumbled feta
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- water as needed
- Combine the ground turkey, chopped onion, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper in a large bowl and combine until the spices are evenly dispersed.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal sections and form each section into a burger patty. Heat an indoor or outdoor grill over medium high heat and add the burgers to the grill. Grill the meat for 3-4 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- Remove from the grill and serve with a spoonful of green harissa sauce, a few sliced cucumbers and crumbled feta in a burger bun.
- Char the jalapeño over an open flame until blackened. Once charred, remove the jalapeño from the flame and set transfer to a cutting board. Trim to top off the pepper and remove the seeds.
- Transfer the jalapeño into a food processor and add the cilantro, parsley, spinach, almonds, garlic, lemon juice and zest, cumin and olive oil. Pulse for 60 seconds until evenly combined. Drizzle in a few tablespoons of water to smooth it out until it has a consistency similar to pesto. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Set aside.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!