As we gear up for one of the biggest summer cook-outs, I figured it was high time we fire up the BBQ and make some Grilled Artichokes!
Now, these aren’t just any grilled artichokes. Adam has been making these for me for years and I’m OBSESSED. They are steamed first, then brushed with a lemon champagne vinaigrette, and then grilled + charred to perfection.
While I’ve grown up dipping artichokes in butter or an aioli, this lemon champagne vinaigrette give it a little bit of a california girl spin – plus when you walk away from the table and realize that you just ate 2-3 full artichokes, you won’t feel quite as guilty!! Fire up the grill this weekend and you’re well on your way to the best ‘chokes of your life!!
- 3-4 large artichokes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Whisk ingredients together the lemon juice, champagne vinegar, olive oil and season to taste.
- Clean and trim the artichokes and cut in half. Remove the choke.
- Boil a large pot of water with a steaming basket inside. Be sure that the water level doesn’t touch the bottom of the steaming basket. When water boils, place as many artichoke halves as you can fit into the basket in a single layer, exposed side down. Steam artichokes for around 25 minutes. You should be able to easily piece the artichoke heart with a knife after it’s been steamed.
- Once steamed, remove from the water, brush some of the vinaigrette over the exposed parts of the artichokes and then transfer to a heated grill. Grill for 15 minutes over medium high heat until charred.
- Serve with remaining lemon vinaigrette drizzled over the top or served on the side.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!