It’s HAPPENING! Grilled pizza season is here and I’m kicking it off this season with a Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Pizza loaded with plenty of basil + fresh mozzarella because why not!
Grilled Pizza is an art. It puts almost all other pizzas to shame except for those that are made in a wood burning oven. But since not all of us have wood burning ovens (I keep telling myself I’ll get one when I buy a house one day) let’s master the art of grilled pizza so we can chow down on it all summer long. Grilled pizza dough is basically perfection. It gives the dough that extra punch of flavor from the grill and makes the bottom of the crust perfectly crispy!
I’ve done a grilled pizza or two before – but this year I’m upping the ante with grilled crust AND grilled peaches. Two birds – one stone. There’s some fresh mozzarella on there too. Basil because it enhances just about everything. Prosciutto to give it a salty bite. And a garlic olive oil mixture to bring it all together. Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Pizza is THE perfect summer pizza pie and I know you guys will love it!
- 1 pound store bought pizza dough
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cups fresh mozzarella
- 2 peaches, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 12 thin slices prosciutto, cut in half
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- Reduced Balsamic to garnish (optional)
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill to high heat. Brush the grill with a bit of oil.
- Grill peach wedges for about 90 seconds per side, until both sides have caramelized grill marks.
- Shape the dough into 2 medium pizzas while on a clean floured surface. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes and then re-form to make sure it's as big as you'd like. Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured rimless baking sheet, or pizza peel.
- Brush the grill with a bit of oil as needed. Transfer the dough over to the grill, and slide the pizza dough directly onto the grill. Grill the dough for about 2 minutes with the lid closed. Using a pair of tongs, lift the lid, and flip the dough over onto the other side and cook for about 2 minutes more. The dough should be golden brown with grill marks on both sides.
- Once the dough is cooked, remove it from the grill and place it back onto the baking sheet.
- Brush olive oil over the pizza and sprinkle with garlic. Arrange the mozzarella on top and place back onto the grill until the cheese has melted.
- Using tongs, remove the pizza from the grill and top with peaches, prosciutto, and basil. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper as needed. Drizzle with reduced balsamic if desired.
- Slice and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!