Don’t get me wrong, I love grilled chicken, steaks and vegetables but grilled peaches are seriously out of this world. If I could eat grilled peaches 365 days a year, I wouldn’t hesitate! This Grilled Peach Salad with Arugula and a Mustard Herb Vinaigrette is 100% guaranteed to wow at your next dinner party.
It’s topped with plenty of sliced almonds, crumbled goat cheese, salty prosciutto and of course, avocado!
While it makes for a perfect side salad at an al fresco dinner party, it would also be pretty perfect for lunch too! I mean, how can you say no to all of my favorite ingredients in one beautiful salad!?
- 2 peaches, pit removed and sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon California Olive Ranch Arbequina Olive Oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 – 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 shallot, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch Arbequina Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Brush peach halves with California Olive Ranch Arbequina Olive Oil and place on the grill, flat side down for 1 – 2 minutes and then rotate 90 degrees to continue to cook for another 1 – 2 minutes. Once grill marks are present, use a pair of tongs and remove the peaches to a cutting board and let cool. After the peaches have cooled, slice each half into 3 – 4 wedges.
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit and discard. Remove the skin from the avocado and place the avocado flesh onto a cutting board. Cut each half of the avocado into six strips.
- Place arugula in a large serving bowl and top with grilled peach wedges, sliced avocado, crumbled feta cheese and sliced almonds.
- To make dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together until evenly combined. Dress the salad with 1/2 of the vinaigrette and taste. Add more vinaigrette if needed otherwise reserve the remaining vinaigrette for a later use.
- Garnish salad with thinly sliced pieces of prosciutto and serve immediately.
I created this recipe for the Almond Board of California; check out my other delicious, summery recipes here: Almonds.com/GabyDalkin.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!