Grilled Summer Squash with tons of feta and lemon vinaigrette!
The other day I was over at my moms house and the sheer amount of zucchini is overwhelming. Like what on earth is she supposed to do with those MASSIVE summer squashes?!? I’ve figured out an easy solution: Grilled Summer Squash.
There comes a point every summer when we’re all up to our ears in zucchini and yellow summer squash. And one can only eat zucchini noodles so many days in a row… So I came up with this super-simple preparation, which is really the quintessential summer side. I throw the tender veggies on the grill for a quick sear, toss in some feta and fresh herbs, and drizzle the whole mess with Lemon-Champagne Vinaigrette. Grilled Summer Squash is ready to go!
P.S. Buy the bricks of feta versus the crumbled kind—it’ll change your life. They’re available at all grocery stores and they are packaged in brine. Just grab a container, take a sheet of feta out and them crumble it up as needed. It’s the easiest swap from the pre-crumbled kind and it will make all the difference in the world!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 patty pan squash, cut in half
- 1 sheet Feta cheese
- Fresh Mint
- Fresh Basil
- 1 recipe Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette (below)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl; toss well to coat. Arrange squash in a single layer on the grill and grill for 5 minutes total, turning halfway through.
- Once grill marks appear on both sides and the squash is cooked, remove from the grill and transfer to a serving platter. Crumble the sheet of feta on top, sprinkle with fresh mint and basil leaves and drizzle with the Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette. Adjust salt and pepper as needed and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!