I take my summertime dinner party planning very seriously. The menu needs to be crafted to perfection. All the flavors need to work together to ensure that the end result is not only gorgeous but delicious. And you can bet that these Grilled Sweetpotato Wedges with a Cilantro Vinaigrette Dipping Sauce are a natural fit for countless summer dinners!
Have you ever grilled sweetpotatoes before? If you haven’t… life is about to change. And if you have…. high fives for being awesome. This week I’m teaming up with my friends over at California Sweetpotatoes to bring you these Grilled Sweetpotato Wedges. Loaded with tons of vitamins, fiber and calcium these are not only great for you… but absolutely delish!
The grill leaves them with a bit of a smoky finish and those uber amazing grill marks that make me so happy! I’ve been serving these up when my menu has a little Southwestern flare because of the cilantro vinaigrette. If you’re feeling a tad more Mediterranean, you can swap it out for a basil vinaigrette and go for that flavor profile too.
- 4-5 California sweetpotatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Clean sweetpotatoes with a quick rinse of water and use a vegetable peeler to remove the outside later of skin.
- Cut sweetpotatoes into wedges and drizzle sweetpotatoes with olive oil.
- Season the sweetpotatoes with salt and pepper and transfer them to a hot indoor or outdoor grill.
- Grill sweetpotatoes for 4-5 minutes per side until grill marks appear and then remove sweetpotatoes from grill and set aside. These can be served warm or at room temperature with the dipping sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients for the cilantro vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Or you can refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to 3 days.