You guys! I am 100% ready for summer. It’s gorgeous and sunny in Los Angeles, I’ve officially swapped out my closet and it’s prepped for dress season, and I’m sharing one of my all time FAVORITE dinner recipes today.
Healthy Loaded Sweetpotatoes. Are you as pumped as me? I have a feeling today is going to be epic!
In our house we stock California sweetpotatoes like onions and garlic. So basically, we’re never without a few on hand. I use them for fries, sautés, mashes… you name it! I’m particularly obsessed with stuffing them. Especially when it involves corn, black beans, salsa and cheese (just a handful of my favorite ingredients!) which is exactly what I’m doing today!
- 4 California Sweetpotatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen charred corn
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup salsa (any variety will work)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Finely chopped red onion
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a knife or a fork, carefully poke holes all over the sweetpotatoes. Place the California sweetpotatoes onto a baking sheet and transfer to the heated oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes until fork tender.
- Remove the California sweetpotatoes from the oven and slice them open. Scoop out a bit of the inside to make room for the stuffing.
- Season the interior with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a medium bow, combine the corn, black beans, cheese, salsa, chives and cilantro and toss to combine.
- Using a spoon, stuff each sweetpotato with equal parts of the mixture until overflowing. Add extra cheese on top if desired.
- Transfer the stuffed sweetpotatoes back into the oven and let bake for another 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove the sweetpotatoes from the oven and sprinkle with optional garnishes. Serve immediately.