Holiday Gift Guide: Cookbooks!

December is seriously one of my favorite months ever. I mean, I guess there aren’t too many to choose from, but after June (the month of my birth which clearly is celebrated for all 30 days) December is my favorite. I’m going to try and look past the fact that this month is probably going to be deadly for my pre-wedding diet. I mean with all the Christmas cookies, holiday parties and cocktail soirees, let’s just say thank goodness for Barry’s Bootcamp!

But enough about that, December is all about presents!!! wooohooo. I’m a BIG fan of cookbooks. If you haven’t ever seen my book shelves, they are made up for 95% cookbooks. The other 5% are the Harry Potter and Hunger Game books! And not only are there mostly cookbooks in there, but it’s color coded. Heck yes. Just like my closet. It’s awesome. So if you’re looking for a great cookbook to give a friend or family member this year, look no further… here’s my top 10 from 2011 in no particular order!

The Homesick Texan Cookbook. Here’s all I have to say about this one. It’s flat our amazing. Seriously one of my favorite cookbooks of all times. Each recipe rocks my socks off when I make it!

Have a friend or family member that throws a lot of parties and likes to host events, this On A Stick! cookbook by my BFF Matt Armendariz is the way to go. All of the recipes are spot on and fabulous. Not to mention the photos and food styling are a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

Super Natural Everyday is one of my go-to cookbooks for weeknight meals. They are light and healthy and I feel great about life after cooking from this gorgeous cookbook.

Let’s talk comfort food now! Lucy Lean came out with a fabulously beautiful cookbook, Made in America, this year that chronicles chefs around the country as they give their own spin on American’s comfort food. It’s the perfect coffee table book too. Totes fabulous.

Here’s another vegetarian favorite of mine. Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi. Not only are the photos in this book absolutely stunning, but the recipes are to die for. I’m not a vegetarian but I certainly like to eat like one 80% of the time. This cookbook is always on my kitchen counter.

 

Okay so you know how I said I like to eat vegetarian 80% of the time. Well that other 20% I love eating Pork. I’m all about the pig and what better cookbook than The Whole Hog Cookbook to break down great recipes that utilize all parts of the pig!

The Food 52 cookbook is just downright awesome! I love this book because some of my favorite home cooks are featured and their recipes are always crowd pleasers!

One more vegetarian cookbook to round out the bunch (these are all for you Mom!!). Pam Anderson’s Cook Without A Book is something that everyone should have on hand. It has a ton of fabulous ideas from meatless muffeletas to different kinds of veggie pizza. It’s perfect for weeknight cooking!

Ok you know I have a soft spot for sweet treats and bake sales! So this Best Bake Sale cookbook that benefits Cookies for Kids Cancer is near and dear to my heart. I’ve been baking out of this book and sending treats into work with my fiance. And let me tell you, he comes home everyday with an empty tupperware because the cookies were demolished within a few minutes at work!

And last but certainly not least is the gorgeous Georgia Pellegrini’s Girl Hunter! Find out what happens when professionally trained NYC chef Georgia starts hunting her own food. From Wild Boar to Javelina… this book made me want to head out on an excursion with Georgia and see for myself what it takes to be a Girl Hunter!

So there you have it! My top 10 favorite cookbooks of the year! There is a little something for everyone on your gift giving list from the vegetarian to the baker to the total carnivore! Happy cookbook shopping :)

┬áp.s. I’m not part of an amazon affiliate program, I just linked to them there so it would make things easy for you guys!

Tags: , , , , , ,


18 thoughts on “Holiday Gift Guide: Cookbooks!

  1. Fun began with your Mom on the tennis courts and now it continues with you in the kitchen. This review of your favorite cookbooks is excellent. I already have a few of them, whole heartedly agree with your reviews of those I DO have and now have ordered others based on you’re comments. A great variety whether I should feel like something sweet, something healthy or something that includes butter, cheese and those wonderful New England ingredients. Thanks for your posts, continue them please in 2012, and if there is ANYTHING I can do in return, let me know. Maybe a brick of Cheddar from our farm in Vermont? (Shelburne Farms) All the best in 2012 to you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>