For those days when all you need is a cookie in the form of a pizza… I give you the Pizookie!
There was a restaurant back in Tucson that claimed to be the inventor of the pizookie! It’s a mega chocolate chip cookie cooked in a cast iron skillet and then served with ice cream on top. Duh. But it’s not just any cookie! It’s a half baked cookie so it’s ooey and gooey and delicious and the chocolate just melted in your face and you die of happiness. It’s my everything and it’s exactly what I want after a long week. Just a few tweaks to my fav chocolate chip cookie recipe and voila! Game time.
It’s best served straight out of the skillet with 4-5 forks for your friends and everyone can go to town. It’s especially perfect this weekend because I’ll be holed up watching House of Cards from start to finish and eating this Pizookie by myself. No shame in that game. I’m an adult and I’m pretty sure that’s a good decision!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and whisk to combine. Add the vanilla and egg and continue to whisk until totally incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Spray a medium sized skillet with baking spray. Transfer the batter into the skillet and spread it evenly. Bake for 22-24 minutes until just still slightly gooey in the middle and golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes before topping with scoops of ice cream and serving. It's 100% meant to be eaten right out of the skillet.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!