Are you guys as into appetizers as I am? They are my most favorite part of any meal – and today we’re giving the traditional Caprese a spin. Meet this Hot Caprese Dip that you can enjoy with all the bread!
Caprese Salads are mandatory should I ever see them on a menu. There’s nothing I love more than fresh mozzarella with basil, tomatoes and some salt and pepper. It’s perfect and I intend to eat more than my fair share when I’m in Italy this summer. Chances are, I’ll probably just turn into a giant ball of mozzarella and to be honest, I’m 100% okay with that!
But for the days when a traditional Caprese won’t cut it – or you need to feed a crowd with a delicious and easy appetizer – why not turn it into some Hot Caprese Dip! It’s bubbly/melted cheese, pesto, cherry tomatoes and that’s basically it! You can serve it up with crostini, seedy crackers, or scoop it up with a fork and call it a day. I’ve used a store-bought pesto for this recipe to keep things simple, but you could easily use your favorite homemade recipe as well! Either way, I promise this snack is going to be the talk of the town once you serve it to your friends and family.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 8-ounce containers of fresh mozzarella (cut into cubes)
- 1/2-cup store bought or homemade basil pesto
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Crostini or Bread sticks or any kind of Cracker
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, add the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Drain the mozzarella from any water that it’s packaged with and add a layer of the mozzarella over the tomatoes. Drizzle the pesto over the top and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until very hot and bubbly. Serve immediately with all sorts of crostini and crackers
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!