Layered Corn Guacamole is an essential part of Outdoor Movie Night!
It’s layers of guacamole, pico de gallo and corn with a squeeze of lime juice on top!! Serve it up with freshly fried tortilla chips and call it a day. They make for the perfect appetizer for any outdoor entertaining moment because you can grab it, walk around, mingle, sip on some champagne and have the best day ever!!
This was our star appetizer for our outdoor movie night and it was GLORIOUS!! More outdoor movie night fabulousness coming your way tomorrow because it’s my FAVORITE new party!!
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 large white onion, finely diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 to 2 jalapeño chilies, finely diced (seeds and membranes removed for a milder salsa)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 corn on the cob
- lime wedges
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lime juice, red onion, chives, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- In a large bowl combine the diced tomatoes, white onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice. Gently toss to combine.
- Taste and season with salt as needed. Add extra jalapeño if you want a bit more zip.
- Slice the kernels off the cobs and set aside.
- Place equal amounts of the guacamole in the bottom of 10 small mason jars. Next, layer on equal amounts of pico and top with the corn kernels. Add a wedge of lime and season with salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!