Risotto makes a great as a side dish or a light main course. It is so versatile and delicious. Today I opted to make a lemon risotto… so yummy. This recipe comes from Giada de Laurentiis and was adapted for my own kitchen.
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium pan bring the broth and 1/2 cup water to a simmer. Cover the broth and keep hot over low heat until ready to use.
- In another medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat with the butter. Add the wine and simmer for about 3 minutes until the wine has been absorbed. Add 1/2 cup of the simmering broth and stir until almost completely absorbed, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking the rice, adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, always stirring. Continue this until the rice is tender to the bite. Remove from the heat. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter, Parmesan, Mascarpone cheese, the lemon zest and juice, and the salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!