Sponsored Advertising Content
It’s been quite the month here on What’s Gaby Cooking! Some of my latest and most favorite recipes are coming down the pipeline and this Linguini with Clams, TONS of garlic and plenty of herbs is quickly becoming one of my favorites!!
Not all meals are created equal. There are nights when I just throw some avocado on some toast and call it a day. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with that but if you spend about 5 extra minutes of prep time you can have Linguini with Garlic, Clams and Herbs instead and who wouldn’t want that!!?? Perfectly cooked Italian pasta made with 100% durum “coarse” semolina topped with a white wine clam sauce loaded with herbs, garlic and lemon…. ugh! I’m starving just thinking about it!
Pasta is one of those meals where you only need a few ingredients and it’s SO IMPORTANT to use the best ingredients possible! Which means when I’m making pasta, De Cecco, is on the grocery shopping list! It’s the most authentic Italian pasta, and the difference really starts back in Italy where it is made using a traditional production method that stays true to De Cecco family recipe for over 130 years. Just a few simple things make up this product; durum wheat semolina, pure spring water and a production method that involves slowly drying the pasta to preserve the flavor! 130 YEARS you guys! You don’t mess with that kind of perfection. Now I’m just trying to figure out a way to get myself over to Italy for a personal pasta making lesson from the De Cecco family! A week filled with pasta – ON BRAND!! I’m on a mission to make that happen!
So without further ado… let me introduce you to your new favorite pasta meal. It takes almost no time to prep, very little time to cook, and then you can relax and enjoy a big bowl Linguini with Garlic, Clams and Herbs!!
- 12 ounces De Cecco Linguini
- 2 ounces butter unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine (Pinot Grigio)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds manila clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 chopped fresh chives
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Cook the De Cecco Linguini until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Once melted, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic is fragrant about 60 seconds. Add the wine and pepper, increase the heat slightly, and cook until bubbling, about 2 minutes. Add the clams, increase the heat, cover, and cook just until the clams open, about 3 minutes.
- If any clams don’t open, discard them and transfer the opened clams to the pasta pot. Taste the sauce and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Warm through over medium heat, adding the reserved pasta water as needed to help make it more saucy. Toss in the parsley, chives, lemon zest and lemon juice. Garnish with extra herbs and serve as needed.
** This post is brought to you by De Cecco and NBCUniversal. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!