Remember last week when I told you that my husband makes the most epic loaded nachos in the entire world? Well today we’re making some. And they are going to blow.your.mind.
1. Cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. Don’t skimp when it comes to each chip having a little bit of cheese on top. Or a lot. We all know how much it sucks to get a nacho with no cheese on it. It’s a big time disappointment.
2. Chicken? I think so. Or you could go for carnitas. But something with a bit of protein is always nice on top.
3. Beans. Refried. Always. They are easy to shmear around they are just plain delicious.
4. I like to add a sprinkle of freshly cut corn. It gives you a nice pop of texture when you bite into a fully loaded chip.
5. As for the rest of the toppings, you’ve got to include some very thinly sliced red onions, jalapeño peppers for some pizzazz, cilantro to brighten things up and salsa. Because who doesn’t love salsa.
6. Guacamole. I mean, if your nachos don’t include guacamole, I’m not even sure we can be friends anymore.
7. If you’re feeling super fancy you can add some crema on top. I’m a fan, especially because it gives you a nice cool sensation after chowing down on jalapeños and spicy salsa!
There you have it. Everything you need to craft the most perfect plate of nachos in the entire universe. I’d also suggest making them and serving them on a baking sheet – easy clean up is essential for nacho parties. Margaritas too.
Let’s savor the last few weeks of summer with nachos & have a margarita or two.